Magnificent vibes! Pristine waters! Magical marine life! Whether you want to have an ultimate scuba diving experience, picnic till sunset, or camp overnight, the Windy Point Park has it all for you.
Enjoy an entire day of scuba excursion and explore the depths of the water at the Windy Point Park. Rediscover some peace of mind in one of the hotspots of the Central Texas area that has plenty of amenities for both you and your family.
One of the top dive sites in Central Texas, Wind Point Park is open to everyone. Plan your weekend or explore the park during the week for an ultimate experience.
Here’s why the Windy Point Park should be your next diving destination.
With its pristine waters, around the lush Green lawns full of campaign spots and picnic tables, Windy Point Park features all the necessary scuba diving amenities. I know you desire to explore the underwater depth, you love to dive, but you won’t find any other place then your nearest park if you are in Austin. It offers top-notch amenities for both instructors and divers.
Embrace your inner spirit and dive deeper
The park isn’t just for the divers, but for everyone who has a spirit for exploration. Windy Point Park has everything for an ultimate scuba diving experience. The maximum depth is over 150ft/46m. The average visibility is 5-10ft/2-3m. The site has all other amenities that include air fills and bathrooms. If you are a new scuba diver, you will be provided with all the essential training.
A perfect destination for you and your family
If you are an enthusiast diver, this place has it all for you. If not, then you can have an amazing time with your family among the picturesque scenery and inviting clear waters of Lake Travis. The primitive style camping tents and the magnificent trees will give you heavenly vibes.
Enjoy The Beauty Windy Point Lake Travis
This place isn’t just perfect for divers, but you can enjoy a great time with your family during the weekdays, it’s when it is less crowded. Swim, relax, dive, or by the inviting, picturesque Lake and make memories that you will cherish for life.
Diving hotspot in Central Texas area
The Windy Point Park-Lake is Texas’s famous dive site among the divers and instructors. Underwater Rescue and the plenty of Fire Rescue operations conduct training in this park, which is cool.
This park has a moderate difficultly level because you have to pass through the stairs to reach the diving site. You can drive your car to the property because of the stair, and it’s somehow difficult to handle the equipment even though they have cards
Camp & dive, day dive or picnic
With the incredible list of fascinating features, the Windy Park offers you some of the most breathtaking and colorful scuba diving experiences. You will find stacks of the magnificent wall-diving sites throughout the park.
Entry fee and entry timings
- Weekdays Daly $10 per person 8 am-9 pm
- Weekends and Holidays Daily $15/person 8 am to 9 pm
- Children aged nine and under daily $5 /child 8 am to 9 pm
- Spring: 71-75°F/22-24°C
- Summer: 76-80°F/24-27°C
- Fall: 66-70°F/19-21°C
- Winter: 61-65°F/16-18°C
On-Site Amenities Include:
- On-site air-fill station – Available for $12 per bottle from 8 am to 6 pm
- The on-site courtesy carts will help you transport your equipment effortlessly
- Equipment repair facilities available in case of minor damage
- The park over protected areas to have a safe swim and diving experience.
- Divers will have access to the boat wrecks and unique metal sculpture of a scuba diver
- You will find a variety of boats
- Choose from the six available platforms for an ultimate diving experience
- Free air-fills and free park entry for all the instructors
- DiverMasters can have a free park entry when they are working with a scuba class
- Clean portable restroom, changing facilities, and outdoor heated showers are also available at this popular Texas dive site
- Park amenities are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and there are no reservations allowed.
- Lake Travis deep water access only.
- You won’t be provided any lifeguards. Authorities are not responsible for any caused damage to any individual or equipment. You can swim at your own risk.
- An adult should always accompany children and kids 16 under.
- Fishing is prohibited because of scuba diving.
- Diving from the stairs and rocks is not prohibited.
- Make sure you dress warmly; the underwater temperature can vary 30 degrees from the surface.
Have you already planned out a scuba diving destination for this year? If not, the Windy Point Park is your go-to diving destination if you are in Texas.